Wednesday, June 15, 2011

London Olympics: The Ticket System



I am so proud of our country hosting the Olympics for 2012 and have been a follower of all things Olympic even before that time! I have loved watching the park at Stratford transform from a dirty, industrial hole into a beautiful park and am so excited for all the events that will be happening next year. There is one thing, however that I am shocked and rather disappointed with. The ticket system for these Olympic games has been awful and rather embarrassing! I did apply for tickets and did not get any (well I don't think I have!) but its not the fact that I did not get any that is the problem (I applied in the last half an hour so I didn't expect anyway) what annoys me is how anyone thought that a system that picks people at random would be a good idea! It pushes people to apply for more events than they want to go to just on the chance that they may get one or two tickets. From the news stories that I have read, these people have ended up with more than they wanted and people that applied for one have not managed to get anything. What also annoys me is that the tickets are available from other countries websites and they have a normal system that we should have had in place here! Why couldn't all the tickets (every single ticket!) be available from the official website for the world to buy at a first come first serve basis!? any expensive tickets that were left would  have been seen as the last chances to get a place and people would have snapped them up! You are now going to get people at events that they didn't particularly have an interest in and people that were eager for specific events to be left out. If it was first come first serve then you would also know what event you had been accepted to without waiting for a silly system to tell you months after you have paid. This is the first thing about the London Olympics that I can sadly say that I think is shameful. To turn something so simple into something so complex is an embarrassment and the people that decided this system should need to stand up and explain their actions and to be removed from anything to do with the Olympics and be shamed like they have just shamed their country. I hope this is the one and only negative thing that comes from the London Olympics (I know people will be laughing saying there are already so many more but I think so far has been so good)
Signing out, Thatmfeeling 



Blog Archive