Friday, June 17, 2011

Edge Of Glory: Why So Simple?



So the time has come again for Ms Gaga to release another music video which means one thing, its time for me to review another music video! My first thought after watching the video was that I had just wasted 5 minutes of my life but after thinking about it, the pain was not as bad as I once had thought. The video is extremely simple and to be honest with you, rather boring but in a sense it is rather beautiful. I started thinking to myself that if that was a music video by Cheryl Cole, Adele or even the Black Eyed Peas then we would have been impressed with it. It is a beautiful set and a really nice song but because it is Lady gaga we expect more. I love the colours of the set and oddly I really like Gaga's hair and outfit! The one thing I really wanted her to do in the video though was walk up the sodding staircase or at the very least thrown herself off it (create some drama!) The video will not go down as a favorite and I very much doubt that I will even buy the video like I have done with so many of her other music videos but my thought is that the video will probably have a majority dislike to it (maybe I will be surprised) but I do not think it should be a hated one. it is simple, repetitive and nothing happens (and not in a negative way but that is very similar to the song itself!) All I can say is that it is a God damn improvement on bands that release a video of them singing live in a stadium I mean how boring and cheap can someone be! This is to you Ms Gaga, not your best but most defiantly not your worst by a long mile 

Watch the video below and let me know what you think... I hope her hairstyle catches on!



Signing out, Thatmfeeling

Blog Archive