Monday, January 10, 2011

My Week - Day One

Yes I finally have a whole entire week off and I am just going to do what I want with it (girl power! huh see ya, hold tight!) So today I decided to go on a trip around London. I really wanted to go and see the Shard as I have been watching its progress over the last few years and now it has sprouted (I did originally say spurted!) onto the landscape and is the talk of the town. When the bus turned around the corner and you could see it my jaw dropped!... It is huge! (I always hear that!) there were people standing on the road taking photos and it just added a whole new dimension to this building other than... I just like it. It is not even completed and there is so much interest in the building.. I could wee myself with excitement, It is going to be amazing!!!


So apart from going to the shard I also went to the Tate modern and was very disappointed to find out that you could still not walk on the sunflower seeds (its an exhibition display at the moment (http://www.tate.org.uk/modern/exhibitions/unileverseries2010/default.shtm) Check out the link to the Unilever series in the turbine hall. Also the link to the Tate modern (http://www.tate.org.uk/modern/) I really do love all the Tates! I think they are so great to visit and unlike many museums and galleries.. if you leave it a month or two and go back then there are different things there (plus it is mainly free!) I do find it funny though with the videos that they play there. It always involves some naked woman rubbing something on herself!. Two displays that I really have liked though (and if any of you know what displays they are then please let me know because I would like to look them up) the first one was a room set up with large screens where they filmed different locations in a house and things moved etc etc and the other display was a room with screens where a guy had put video cameras in a round drunk and pushed it down a road somewhere and you see the views from inside the drum (pretty dizzy stuff!) but they were both amazing and I would love to read more into them if anyone knows anything about them!





After the Tate I decided to go to St. Pauls, I am getting a little tired of the place because I have been there so many times so I did go to a newly opened place called one new change. I went there on its opening and it was okay.. but today when I went there I asked if the roof terrace was open and it was so I managed to get pictures of the city from the roof of one new change! It was amazing (and very cold!) but it was such a nice end to the day as I watched the sun set before heading home!


Day one complete... I hope the week is as good as it has been so far!

Blog Archive