Thursday, January 6, 2011

iMovie! you ruined my video life! thanks!


This is probably just a glamorfied rant but I shall start anyway! (when are they not hey!) I was rather excited today as the Mac App store opened and I thought (woo!) I can have a little browse and a little buy of some things! (like you do) I saw the latest version of iMovie on there and yes I am giving away my secret!.. I use iMove lol (I have had a few people ask me recently so tada here is your answer!) but what is really annoying is that it completely ruined a video that I took hours making. Some new thing introduced on iMovie 11 is frame rates (I swear my videos had different frame rates in the first place so why this has affected it now I have no idea!) When I record with my video camera it has a different frame rate to my mac and if I actually know what I am talking about (which is very unlikely!) my audio is out of sync because I have some faster clips and some slower clips (Bastards!) all because I use two cameras!... Now I can read your mind already... The solution is just to use one camera (which I will have to do!) but why would apple change something that seemed to work so well before and now it doesn’t! what happens if I was an old person that had two cameras on one holiday and I wanted to make a video for my grandchildren to show how cool I am as a granddad!... GUTTED! I cant because apple just ruined my life! (yes I said it!) I am just rather confused and if anyone has any idea of what I am talking about let me know if this is true!... (nerdy question time!) if you have videos with different frame rates... can that slow or un-sync the audio... (nerdy question over!) this is going to get to me so much and I now have to re-make the whole bloody video again with one camera! I have just completely flopped in a mass of technical difficulty on youtube! Thanks iMovie! I hope you are happy!


Blog Archive