Friday, January 28, 2011

My Friend, Your Diamond Days Are Ahead

Maybe tonight you can't see the next step ahead, let alone the road ahead. Maybe you feel like you are surrounded by a cloud of darkness and you just can't snap out of it. Maybe it just creeped onto you out of nowhere, or perhaps it's been building for many years. Regardless, tonight you're not sure if you'll make it through. Maybe it's your job, maybe it's your health, maybe it's your relationship - maybe it's all 3...or more. I know how hard it can be. I get it, believe me I do.

But my friend, your diamond days are ahead. Your heart and your dreams are young, even if you look in the mirror somedays and feel old as your find new wrinkles. Why are your diamond days still ahead? Because your passions and your dreams are stronger than your fears and stronger than the clouds that surround you. I want you to do me a favour before you go to bed tonight. I want you to look in the mirror and say, with as much faith as you can muster, "I believe in myself. I believe in myself. I believe in myself." Try it even if it feels fake at first. If you want, you can try, "I love and appreciate myself just the way that I am." I have these words on a little piece of paper stuck to my bathroom and bedroom mirrors.

You're going to make it through this. You are too important, too valuable, and too beautiful not to. Find someone to lean on, someone to cry with. Allow yourself to laugh at stupid things. Have an extra scoop of ice cream.

You are loveable, you deserve happiness. The darkness of tonight will lead to your diamond days ahead.

Love,

Mark Andrew

Blog Archive