Friday, January 7, 2011

Expect The Very Best In Your Life

Do you believe that there is a power at work around you that is working for your benefit, a power that has your very best interests at heart? I for one firmly do. For me this is not just comforting news, it is a truth that makes me want to leap into the air and do the happy dance (video to come). I believe that this power has many names. The most popular, and Biblical name is God. You could also use Spirit or perhaps The Universe, or maybe Divine Mind. There is a verse in the Bible that says that all things are working together for good for those who love God. What is the definition of God when you scale it down to the core? God is Love. So I believe that all things are working toward our good for those of us who live in Love. It may not seem like it right now. Perhaps you're facing an illness that has persisted. Perhaps you've lost your job. Maybe your relationships have fallen apart. But I believe there is a power in the universe that is saying, "It will not always be this way, you will overcome, expect the best because that's what my plan is for you." By the power of our mind, we bring the blessings, the good things that God has always wanted to bless us with. I believe that God wants us not just to muddle through life day in and day out, rather She wants us to thrive, to have an abundant, exhilarating life. This is the point of faith. Faith is not about making sure that you fall in line with all the "right" doctrines. Faith is believing that God is a good God, that He wants the very best for us, and is just waiting for us to expect our blessings. If we truly are children of God, as I believe we all are no matter what our religious beliefs, we deserve good, no, great gifts as inheritors.



Look up, expect the very best, and know that God will give you just that.





Sent from my Tricorder.

Blog Archive