Thursday, December 16, 2010

Don’t let your time slip away, or be stolen by someone else

I've had a lot on my mind as of late. Music has been a wonderful escape as of late. It hasn't been much of a distraction but has been healing. In it, I find a way to process life. My favorite song from all of 2010 is probably John Mellencamp's "Save Some Time To Dream" from his No Better Than This record. I think I have been listening to the song daily as a reminder that no matter what one encounters, it's  the people you share your life with that matters; the rest is superfluous. It doesn't feel that way when we are confronting pain head on. In fact, the battle we forge daily is enough to extinguish one's heart and mind forever. But it's  the simple reminders that keep us on our toes, our feelings in touch and are hearts and minds open.
I wrote extensively about "Save Some Time To Dream" HERE and HERE. I also wrote about No Better Than This HERE and HERE.

Feeling a bit disillusioned with things beyond your control? Listen to this song, I promise you; you will feel better.

T

Blog Archive