Sunday, November 28, 2010

The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year

5:01pm Starbucks Uptown Waterloo

This morning the alarm on my Blackberry went off at 9am, and it was one of those mornings when I wasn't sure whether I'd get up and go to my spiritual centre or if I'd go back to bed. But I wanted to make it to Unity for the first Christmad themed service, so I got up. It was nice to sing Christmas songs like Deck The Halls and Have a Holly Jolly Christmas. I appreciate the band at Unity, but if I hear the song My Favourite Things (from The Sound of Music - and it has nothing to do with Christmas!) I will remove my eardrums with a spoon and boil them with my tea. :) Oh well, what made it all tolerable was that after the service I found some left-over egg nog in the refridgerator and added some to my coffee...mmm.

At Unity now there are designated "Hug" and "Hug-Free" entrances. What's the deal? No "Kissing" entrances for "tongue" or "no-tongue?" I feel gipped.

This afternoon my good friend Millie came over and helped me set up and decorate my Christmas tree, to the sweet carolling sounds of Bing Crosby, The Rankin Sisters, Sinatra, Bruce Cockburn, and Boney M among others. We had a grand time. Now we're at Starbucks, but not before making a snow angel (see pictures on Facebook). It made me feel like I was 5. We were going to watch a movie, such as The Bishop's Wife with Cary Grant, but alas we didn't have time.

Anyways, that's all for now,

Mark Andrew

Blog Archive