Sunday, February 13, 2011

Don't Need No Miracle

I don't need no parted waters

Don't need no burning bush

Don't need no water gushing from a rock

Or a stick turning into a snake

 

I don't need no speaking donkey

Don't need a rainbow up above

Don't need fire raining down from heaven

Or deliverance from my foes

 

I don't need to see the blind man touched

Or to see the leper healed

Don't need no water turned to wine

Or the multiplying of food

 

I don't need no demons delivered out

Don't need no hovering star

Don't need no tongues of fire

Or a grave without a stone

 

Because I believe when I see

Her hips, her legs, her eyes

I believe when I see

The sweetness in her smile

 

From where I stand she is my creed

My proof, my testimony

I am baptized in a sea of awe

She is my one and only.

Blog Archive