Thursday, December 11, 2008

Bon Jovi Fans Looking For An Alternative, I'd Like To Introduce You To Butch Walker

To say my inbox is exploding is like saying the Governor of Illinois has a "few" issues. I'll address all of the emails and comments to my Bon Jovi article at a later date, but many people are asking me if there are any other bands or musicians I could recommend to them in lieu of their dissatisfaction and mistreatment from other acts.

God, I could recommend thousands; the brave southern rock stylings of Will Hoge, then there's the spiritual reggae-pop-rock of Michael Franti...but if I had to pick one artist that I think Bon Jovi fans would fall head over heels for, it would be Butch Walker.

Butch has a long and storied history and even if you have never heard of him, you have heard songs he has worked on for Avril Lavigne, Bowling For Soup and Pink. His Wiki entry is here and all of my collected reviews on him can be found at this link.

He just released his most accomplished album to date one month ago today, Sycamore Meadows. Looking for an album that speaks to your soul and simultaneously makes your insides hurt when you smile and a joyous relief when you cry? Then buy the album at this link now.

His concerts are intimate song-a-long affairs that lift your hearts and open your minds. His music walks the line between laughs and tears as his personal touch infuses itself inside of you. If you want to know more about Butch, email me or check out the YouTube links below.

Visit his website here and buy all of his music at this link or through Amazon.com at this link.

Newest single: "The Weight of Her"


"Mixtape" (You have no soul if you don't love this)


"My Way" (actual music starts 1:58)


"Freak of the Week" (from his old band, the Marvelous 3)


"Bethamphetamine (Pretty Pretty)" (with Avril Lavigne in the lead roll)
Click this link

"Maybe It's Just Me"
Link here

"Don't Move" (feel the vulnerbility!)

Blog Archive