Friday, August 28, 2009

Bon Jovi 2010 Tour Date Rumors (20 Dates at the O2 in London) and Hoaxes


Lots of Bon Jovi tour rumors are rumbling about and all appear to be fake. No one can be sure until there is an announcement on the official site.

The first is under the guise of "Bon Jovi Live" website is reporting tour dates at this link. I am pretty sure it is below is a hoax.

The second is coming from the New York Post. While I don't trust anything I read in the Post, I have to admit, this one is interesting (see image above). What's interesting about it is that the 02 arena is owned by AEG and they stand to lose millions if they do not book fifty dates which are missing due to the death of Michael Jackson. The arena needs to house approximately 150 dates a year to turn a profit and with Jackson's abrupt death, it leaves a lot of open dates and the need to fill them. Bon Jovi is part of the AEG empire and they are a draw in London, so this would make sense. I'm not sure if I could see the band spending 4-6 weeks away from their families in London, but it's not as if they haven't done this before. I guess it will be a waiting game and we'll have to wait and see.

Blog Archive