Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween: New Bruce Springsteen song - "A Night With The Jersey Devil"


This is exactly what I would expect from Springsteen...except that he has often looked the other way when it comes to embracing new technology so when I opened my email box this morning to discover a new Halloween song, "A Night With The Jersey Devil", I was giddy with as much joy as a pound of Snickers candy bars could give me after a day of trick or treating.

His website reads:
"Dear friends and fans, If you grew up in central or south Jersey, you grew up with the 'Jersey Devil.' Here's a little musical Halloween treat. Have fun!"

The blues-drenched number features a fuzzed out harmonica and well, it's one of the best things Bruce has done in years. How I only wish Bruce would embrace the blues genre on an album, this suits him far more than the songs of Pete Seeger.

Check out Bruce's note and video on his official website here. There's a lesser quality version below for your viewing pleasure.

Blog Archive