Tuesday, January 6, 2009

It's Official: The World Is Drunk on Celebrities (Leona Lewis To Write Autobiography)

Billboard is reporting the following today at this link:

Leona Lewis, who won U.K. talent TV show "The X Factor" in 2006 and topped charts around the world with her debut album "Spirit," has signed a deal to pen her autobiography with publishing house Hodder & Stoughton.

The book, which will include more than 100 new photographs, will hit shelves in October, shortly before the scheduled release of Lewis' second album, the publisher said.


This is a joke. She won a talent show TWO YEARS AGO! There should be a rule, that in order to write a biography on someone they must be either dead or over the age of 40. What the hell kind of life experiences is she going to share with me that gives me insight into her life?

This isn't just proof the world is drunk on pop culture, but bad pop culture at that. More importantly, she's a marginal talent. This is all about money and having cross promotion with her new record. I guess she's striking when the irons hot. Count me out on reading this one. However, come back to me twenty years from now when she's a nobody and writes a bio from September 2009 to 2029 and talks about how the flame went out, how she handled it and what she did with her life. Then...maybe...I'll be interested.
Neil Young & Crazy Horse - My My, Hey Hey (Out Of The Blue)

Blog Archive