Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Looking For The Eddie Vedder Chicago Cubs Song (Someday We'll Go All The Way)? Click Here

One of the things that kills me as a writer is that I sometimes spend hours and days on certain pieces and barely anyone reads them. Then I spend 10-minutes on something that is by far the least interesting thing I may have ever written and it's one of my highest read pieces. I wrote a ever so brief review of Eddie Vedder's spectacular Chicago solo show from 8/21. People have been goggling for reviews and I've gotten a ton of traffic as a result. Now as my beloved Chicago Cubs get closer to the playoffs, this nearly month old post has been getting a lot of the hits looking for the song.

"Someday We'll Go All The Way" was written after Ernie Banks asked Eddie to write a song about Wrigley Field. He debuted it last August at the band's fan club only show and resurrected it over his two nights in Chicago.

Now here is the bad news...I don't have a copy of it for download on this blog. I don't believe in posting MP3's on the site as it's a very grey area (plus it involves a lot of time I do not have).

However, I can tell you that you can find a download of the full show here, here and possibly right here at this link. Let's hope there is an official release from one of Eddie's solo shows in the next year as this tour proved to be one that should not be missed.

Happy now?

Blog Archive