Sunday, May 15, 2011

London Floating Walkway!


London looks set to be getting its very own  floating walkway on the Thames! I think this is such an amazing idea! One thing that really annoys me about the Thames is that many of the buildings back onto it so there are sections of the river that do not have a full walk way on it, meaning that if you want to walk along side the Thames you have to leave it in sections and come back to it the other side of the street which is really annoying. With this floating walkway, not only does it mean that more people can walk by the river and see the amazing landmarks (such as the Shard which seems to get taller by the day) it means that you can actually stay by the river for the whole journey! Now the walkway is due to be completed before the Olympics (like the Ski lift, which a tiny part of me thinks “can it really be done by then” but I do also have faith! I mean we have a fully built Olympic stadium!!!) Now the question that come into mind when I was reading this article was “is this permanent?” and the answer is “London eye” The London eye is not a permanent structure but we all know it is not going anywhere... If it makes money and brings tourists and visitors to London then it will stay until it becomes a landmark in its self and then they have to keep it! So if all goes well then it is set to stay in my books! Let me know what you think about it and I am really excited to get it on the river and USE IT! 



The walkway with my baby behind it! You HAVE to Love the Shard!
The walway leading up to Tower Bridge 
By the looks of it this is where the walkway starts at the Millennium bridge (St. Pauls) with one of the themed capsules.

Signing out, Thatmfeeling 


Blog Archive